0225 am 'Get This' news
Get This: Walter Reed Army Hospital is getting ‘Imagineered’ by Disney.
- Ron Wyden can’t decide who’s healthcare plan best resembles his own, Barack Obama’s or Hillary Clinton’s. Oh Ron, think! This is like choosing between the health insurance industry and AIPAC – You can have it all! (Rosebud…rosebud…)
- Poll Dance: Sho Dozono and the Portland Business Alliance give new meeting to the phrase ‘hoisted on one’s own petard.’
- The e-mail reads: Jeff Merkeley brought Democrats and Republicans together to defeat corporate lobbyists and pass legislation limiting prepayment penalties and requiring full disclosure in subprime mortgages.” Which is fine, as far as it goes. And that’s about as far as it got in the three week ‘special session.’
- The City That Winks: The NeoCons have done a great job of slapping the face of “Big Guv’mint” up there on the Jumbotron right next to Osama bin Laden and a barrel of oil. and this means that the likes of Portland’s Sam Adams has to go out of his way to fix the City’s collapsing streets by putting a ‘street fee’ initiative on the November ballot. (We used to call this practice ‘taxes. But you can’t whisper the word any more without stampeeding voters. So, okay, Sam; you have correctly interpreted the political IQ of constituents and Done The Right Thing.
- Where’s The Beef?: Not in chino, California, that’s for sure…The Hallmark meatpacking company – “for all your tainted beef needs! - is folding after the biggest recall in…well…the History of Beef, I guess you’d have to call it.
- Skeletons in our Closets?: Storms on the Oregon coast this year have unwittingly revealed some history to us. Shipwrecks; Yes, several of those. ‘Ghost forests’; who knew
- Title: Get This: The siege of Gaza goes on for Palestinian; Life goes on for the Rest of Us...
- Date: 02.25.08
- Genre: News & Public Affairs
- Year: 2008
- Producer: Chris Andreae
- Length: 6:20 minutes (5.8 MB)
- Format: MP3 Mono 44kHz 128Kbps (CBR)