Stage and Studio on 12/13/11
Join Producer and Host Dmae Roberts for 'Artland: A Pushing Boundaries Special' - a one-hour spotlight on innovative artists who push persona, physical, cultural and artistic boundaries in the their work. Join Dmae, Tali Singer and Macon Reed for the culmination of a year-long exploration of our city's Artland!
You can hear the full show at the official Stage & Studio website at this link
This special includes:
- Occupy Art: Dmae Roberts visits the artwork and artists at the Occupy Portland site before it was shut down
- Macon Reed talking with artist Lexa Walsh, who takes us to local food cart vendors and asks them to create a song with her
- Tali Singer follows Laura Moulton's Street Books around Portland
- Media artist Rose Bond describing her work, "Broadsided", as Dmae visits her studio
- Dmae visiting a Hand2Mouth Theater rehearsal and talks with Jonathan Walters about their show, "Uncanny Valley"
- Producer Macon Reed visiting with filmmaker Brian Lindstrom
- Writer, composer, filmmaker and visual artist A. Molotkov reading his poem, 'Say Me With a Dry Leaf'
- Honoring cultural traditions with musician/dancer Michelle Fujii
- Tali Singer visiting with Catherine J.H. Miller, creator of "A Somewhat Secret Place: Disability and Art"
- Macon Reid talking to Pendulum Aerial Arts company Artistic Director Suzanne Kenney
This special series was funded by the Regional Arts and Culture Council with support from MediaRites and United States Artists.