Job Posting: Graphic Artist / Web Template Designer
KBOO.FM needs a new look! KBOO Community Radio is looking for a graphic artist/web template designer to work with our web team to give our website a makeover. The current site is driven by Drupal, a PHP-based CMS (content management system). We're specifically looking for better ways to communicate with our audience, by using enhanced site layout and the best of current web open source technologies.
As a media organization our site is very content-heavy with playlists, blogs, podcasts posted everyday - part of this position will be to find creative solutions to visually arranging all the information. We are also moving from Drupal 5 to Drupal 6 as a separate project, which gives us some built-in site design enhancements.
We have a new logo to use in the design, and we're open to changing all design elements in the current site. We're looking to create design templates to integrate our homepage, featured sections, podcasts, calendar and other elements into an enjoyable, visually stunning and interactive experience for the end user. This designer will work with the current web programmer and web administrator (along with input from the KBOO staff) to implement a flexible, cross-browser compliant Drupal 6 theme.
- Must be proficient in XHTML templated design.
- Specific knowledge of Drupal 6 methods desired.
- Work will be performed as an Independent Contractor using contractor's own equipment.
- Project will begin in February to be completed by April.
- Submit design/programming experience and links of live examples by January 20th, 2009 to web[at]kboo(dot)org