Mississippi Street Fair
KBOO is a proud sponsor for the Mississippi Street Fair
Mississippi Street Fair Celebrates 10th Anniversary with Free Music All Day
When: July 9th, 2011
PORTLAND, OR -- On Saturday, July 9, 2011 The Mississippi Street Fair will celebrate its 10th anniversary with an amazing day full of music, food, art and craft beer. The festival spans north Mississippi Avenue from Fremont to Skidmore and is now Portland's largest street fair with more than 30,000 attendees. The event is free and is hosted by the Historic Mississippi Avenue Business Association.
- 36 bands performing on 5 stages all day long
- Boise-Eliot Kids' Corner
- 100+ local vendors and crafts
- Food carts and amazing restaurants
- 11th Annual Rib-Off Competition
- Craft Brew Garden featuring microbrewed beers
- Music from AgesAndAges, Celilo, Linda Hornbuckle Trio, Freak Mountain Ramblers, Strangled Darlings, Mike Midlo (Pancake Breakfast), Wild Ones, and many other great acts.
- Special music showcase at Mississippi Studios featuring Dolorean, Quiet Life, Denver, and Alina Hardin ($10 admission)
The Mississippi Street Fair first started as a partnership with Boise Elementary School’s Multi-Cultural Fest that included Mississippi Avenue businesses, community garage sales and local artists selling teaching their craft. With the strong support of the residents and businesses in the area of Mississippi Avenue, the event has grown into a popular street fair that celebrates the diverse neighborhoods that surround this vibrant street.
There is something for everyone at the Mississippi Street Fair with over 100 vendors showcasing art, crafts, locally made goods and tasty treats. Five music stages - spread throughout the street - feature an array of musical talent from all genres that celebrates Portland's rich music scene. Kids activities abound and Boise-Eliot Elementary school will host a Kids' Corner brimming with fun for the little ones all day long.
SCHEDULE AND DETAILS
For a complete music schedule and event details, see MississippiAve.com.
ABOUT THE HISTORIC MISSISSIPPI BUSINESS ASSOCIATION
The Historic Mississippi Business Association is a conglomeration of businesses in the area of Mississippi Avenue that work together to support business endeavors, enrich the neighborhood, celebrate diversity and connect with the residents that live in the area.