Old Mole Variety Hour for January 13, 2014
Clayton Morgareidge hosts this episode of the Mole dealing with Detroit, the increasing respect for socialism in the US, why Portland public workers may strike, a new novel about death row, and why appealing to the constitution is not the way to support whistle blowers like Edward Snowden.
To hear the whole show, use the play button below. The hear individual segments, follow these links.
- Bill Resnick talks with Dianne Feeley about how Detroit became "blighted" and what could fix it.
- Conservative reaction to Rolling Stone's article on socialism.
- Kshama Savant's inauguration speech as Seattle's newly elected socialist City Council member.
- Announcement of meeting to support Portland public service workers.
- Book Mole Larry Bowlden reviews a forthcoming prison novel "The Enchanted"
- Clayton Morgareidge reads a piece about why the law is not enough to protect Snowden and others.