Clayton Morgareidge hosts this edition of the Mole, featuring discussions of consumerism and freedom, Syria, gun violence, and a conference on Labor History in the Pacific Northwest.
To keep up with the Old Mole, become our friend on Facebook.
To hear the whole show, use the play button below. To hear indivdual segments, follow these links:
1. Rob Dietz, co-author of Enough is Enough, talks with Bill Resnick about the politics of overcoming consumerism.
2. Clayton Morgareidge contrasts the freedom to be fully alive with the freedom of property with help from Nina Simone and Richie Havens.
3. Iven Hale reflects on her ambivalent experience with guns and on efforts to control them.
4. What's behind the fighting in Syria? Stephen Zunes and Bill Resnick go into the recent history.
5. Old Mole Laurie Mercier talks with William Robbins about Oregon labor activist and progressive political figure Monroe Sweetland.