Special Programming: Public Affairs
A climate discussion in regards to food with author Anna Lappe, IACP President Scott Givot, Chris Schreiner from Oregon Tilth, the Oregon Environmental Council's Allison Hensey, CleanMetrics President Kumar Venkat, and moderator Steve Cohen from Portland's Bureau of Planning and Sustainability.
- Title: Food and Climate Change: Step Up to the Plate, Part 2
- Length: 25:27 minutes (23.3 MB)
- Format: MP3 Stereo 44kHz 128Kbps (CBR)
I visited the Central City neighborhood of New Orelans in April 2010 to see how recovery efforts are reshaping this historic section of the city. Along Oretha Castle Haley Blvd, I found a resurgence in small businesses, non-profits and affordable housing where blighted homes once stood.
The Hopi High School radio broadcast and journalism clubs came to Portland to attend the National Journalism Education Association Conference. They came to KBOO and did this program with Zoe and BreAna from the KBOO Youth Collective.
To hear the radio work of Hopi High Students, go to
- Length: 46:09 minutes (42.26 MB)
- Format: MP3 Mono 44kHz 128Kbps (CBR)
Kimberly A. C. Wilson is a reporter for the Oregonian newspaper and was sent to Haiti after the January earthquake to cover stories related to the Pacific Northwest. This radio program is taken from interviews conducted by Kboo host Linda Olson-Osterlund and provide a personal look back at her trip to Haiti.
Thanks to the Oregonian and Oregon Live for the use of audio of children singing and other background audio. Also thank you to The Masters of Haiti for their song Ti Chans
Judith Arcana, local writer, poet and long time activist in support of a woman's right to choose, read her poems as part of Kboo's 2010 International Women's Day programming. They were used to inspire discussion for the am call in talk show, No Regrets; Women On Abortion.
In 2005, KBOO's Jenka Soderberg conducted a series of interviews in New Orleans, with people adversely affected by Hurricane Katrina. In this part:
1) Wajid, Sandy and Reggae - relief volunteers arrested and taken to Greyhound jail.
2) Chad Darbonne, the warden of the Greyhound jail.
3) Critical Reisitance press conference outside OPP.
- Length: 73:44 minutes (50.62 MB)
- Format: MP3 Stereo 44kHz 96Kbps (CBR)