Old Mole Variety Hour
The Old Mole burrows down to the roots of the great issues of our time – the struggles of ordinary people for democratic and sustainable ways of life. The Mole goes where corporate media fear to tread, supporting grassroots challenges to top-down authority and giving voice to movements that shake the foundations of an unjust society. The Moles' perspective is democratic, broadly socialist, and feminist. (We count Karl Marx as a friend).
For individual segments and information about episodes, click the "audio" tab.
You can leave comments for the Moles at firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking on the comment section for any of our audio pieces.
This piece is an interesting companion piece to this CounterPunch article read on today's show by Tom Becker. Is it really enough to just "say no"?
For a different angle on this topic, listen to Clayton Morgareidge's following piece about how the 9 to 5 job produces consumerism.
1. Journalist Dawn Paley reveals the underlying motives for the so-called drug war in Latin America.
2. How consumerism created by advertising dumbs us down.
3. How working 9 to 5 makes willing consumers out of us.
4. A feminist who loves football wrestles with the contradictions.
5. Sovereign native American nations vow to block the Keystone Pipeline.
To hear the whole show, use the play button below. For individual pieces, click on the links above.
To keep current with what the Old Mole is up to, become our friend on Facebook.
Oregon Walmart workers stand up
November 28, 2014• 11:00 AM
Walmart• 4200 SE 82nd Ave, Portland, OR 97266
Host Contact Info: email@example.com