Old Mole Variety Hour
The Old Mole burrows down to the roots of the great issues of our time – the struggles of ordinary people for democratic and sustainable ways of life. The Mole goes where corporate media fear to tread, supporting grassroots challenges to top-down authority and giving voice to movements that shake the foundations of an unjust society. The Moles' perspective is democratic, broadly socialist, and feminist. (We count Karl Marx as a friend).
Our graphic lettering is by Charlie Ertola.
You can leave comments for the Moles at email@example.com or by clicking on the comment section for any of our audio pieces.
<a href="http://us.macmillan.com/postapartheidconditions/DerekHook"> (Post)Apartheid Conditions: Psychoanalysis and Social Formation</a>. They discuss experiences of time and transformation, Steve Biko and the Black Consciousness movement in South Africa, the limits of masculinist discourses, the importance of optimism, and the <a href="http://www.sbf.org.za/Main_Site/index.php">Biko Foundation</a>
(Post)Apartheid Conditions: Psychoanalysis and Social Formation. They discuss experiences of time and transformation, Steve Biko and the Black Consciousness movement in South Africa, the limits of masculinist discourses, the importance of optimism, and the Biko Foundation.
Denise Morris hosts this episode of the Mole, featuring two discussions of the situation and the prospects for change in post-apartheid South Africa, Jesus as a radical, and Capitalism and the environmental crisis.
To hear the whole show, including music, use the play button below. To hear separate segments, follow these links:
- John Saul continues his discussion with Bill Resnick about the future of post-apartheid South Africa.
- Psychoanalyst Derek Hook talks with Jan Haaken about his book on time, consciousness, and political transformation in South Africa.
- Paul Buhl and Bill Resnick discuss the graphic novel on the radical Jesus edited by Buhl.
- Tom Becker reads John Bellamy Foster's essay on Capitalism and environmental crisis.
- Title: OMVHDec23bth.m4a
- Length: 56:40 minutes (25.94 MB)
- Format: MP3 Mono 44kHz 64Kbps (CBR)