Old Mole Variety Hour
The Old Mole burrows down to the roots of the great issues of our time – the struggles of ordinary people for democratic and sustainable ways of life. The Mole goes where corporate media fear to tread, supporting grassroots challenges to top-down authority and giving voice to movements that shake the foundations of an unjust society. The Moles' perspective is democratic, broadly socialist, and feminist. (We count Karl Marx as a friend).
For individual segments and information about episodes, click the "audio" tab.
You can leave comments for the Moles at firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking on the comment section for any of our audio pieces.
Denise Morris hosts this episode and we hear:
- Bill Resnick interviews Tom Athanasiou following his recent trip to Lima for the international climate change conference
- Tom Becker reads an article on neoliberal economics.
- Joe Clement and Frann Michel review a tragic-comic cop film from 1994, The Glass Shield directed by Charles Burnett
- Bill returns to talk with Todd Sloan about commodity culture
You can listen to or share individual segments by clicking on the links above or listen to the whole show by clicking the play-button below. Look for us on Facebook and Twitter to get updates on upcoming shows and posted content.
Email us at oldmolevarietyhour-at-gmail-dot-come with comments, questions, suggestions, and we'd love to hear about your interest in participating on the show.
Tod Sloan teaches at Lewis and Clark College, and is author of the book called "Damaged Life: the crisis of the modern psyche".
More book reviews by Larry.
1. Bill Resnick talks with journalst Steve Early about progressive victories in Richmond and better policing there.
2. Clayton Morgareidge reads Dani McClain's article on why the time is right for a new civil rights movement.
3. Ellen Meloy's "Eating Stone: Imagination and the Loss of the Wild" is reviewed by Larry Bowlden.
4. Iven Hale reads Jen Cross's blog post on queer masculine privilege and queer femme visibility.
Become the Old Mole's friend on Facebook and stay up to date on coming shows, new posts, and other radical developments!
Bill Resnick interviews Larry Kleinman. Kleinman is co-founder of the Oregon Farm Workers union PCUN and is now working nationally on the immigrants rights struggle and preparing for changes in the law. They talk about Obama's recent very controversial Executive Order as well as the future of immigrant politics in this country.
[Image public domain from http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:ICE-seal.jpg ]
Frann Michel reads an article by Robin D.G. Kelley, Resisting the War Against the Black and Brown Underclass
[photo by Hyung Nam]
Denise Morris hosts this week's episode of The Old Mole Variety Hour which includes these segments:
• Bill Resnick interviews PCUN co-founder Larry Kleinman about immigration politics.
• Frann Michel reads an article by Robin D.G. Kelley
• Jan Haaken and Mike Snedeker talk the Left and the Law with a discussion of documentary Citizenfour
• Tom Becker reads an article on Radical Ideas for Radical Times.
Click links above to hear individual segments, click below for the whole show. Visit our main page for information about our name and graphics. Follow us on Facebook.
- Title: December12014MOLE
- Length: 54:44 minutes (25.05 MB)
- Format: MP3 Mono 44kHz 64Kbps (CBR)