Old Mole Variety Hour
The Old Mole burrows down to the roots of the great issues of our time – the struggles of ordinary people for democratic and sustainable ways of life. The Mole goes where corporate media fear to tread, supporting grassroots challenges to top-down authority and giving voice to movements that shake the foundations of an unjust society. The Moles' perspective is democratic, broadly socialist, and feminist. (We count Karl Marx as a friend).
For individual segments and information about episodes, click the "audio" tab.
You can leave comments for the Moles at firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking on the comment section for any of our audio pieces.
Malik Miah is a former machinist and union activist who has organized around and written about race and class. His writing appears in Against the Current, where he's an editor.
Finkel is editor of Against the Current and co-author of the editorial “Middle East Imperial Meltdown” in the latest issue.
More of Larry's book reviews are here.
Photo Credit: LiberationNews.org
1. Dave Finkel and Bill Resnick discuss the latest US moves in the middle east.
2. Book Mole Larry Bowlde reviews Fay Weldon's dystopian novel Chalcot Crescent.
3. The Left and the Law: Medicalization of the death penalty and doctors' participation in state sponsored killings.
4. Different criminal penalties for the rich and the poor.
To hear the whole show, including musical breaks, use the play button below. To hear individual pieces, follow the links above.
You can keep up with the Mole by becoming our friend on Facebook.
Image Credit: Portland State University
*A film that Movie Moles Frann Michel and Iven Hale have also reviewed.
You can read this piece HERE.
Picture Credit: Penn State University
- Title: Abolish Slavery, Abolish Property, Abolish Capitalism
- Genre: Other
- Length: 8:34 minutes (7.84 MB)
- Format: MP3 Mono 44kHz 128Kbps (CBR)