KBOO awarded a $25,000 Grassroots grant from Meyer Memorial Trust
KBOO awarded grassroots grant for $25,000 from Meyer Memorial Trust
Meyer Memorial Trust has awarded KBOO a grant to fund a portion of the capacity building projects in the KBOO Strategic Plan. This is a wonderful gift to the KBOO community and will help us strengthen the Foundation and achieve some of the vital goals that will help lead the Foundation on the path to financial and structural sustainability.
The grant funds are restricted for use on two capacity building projects:
Project 1 – Board Development: Timeline: July through December Grant money allotted to project: $11,000
The first goal is to strengthen the board's effectiveness and cohesiveness through board training. KBOO will use the following strategies to reach this goal:
· Develop basic skills in board practices and functions for all KBOO board members
· Support and invigorate the committees serving under the board's direction.
· Reinforce board commitment to maintaining a strong and active board
· Strengthen board commitment to fundraising development
Project 2 – Policy Development: Timeline: July through December Grant money allotted to project: $14,000
The second goal is to revise policies at every level of the organization to create an up-to-date set of policies and practices to guide KBOO more effectively. KBOO will undertake this project by using the following strategies:
· Hire consultants to review policies and make recommendations - giving KBOO board, staff, and volunteers direction.
· Undertake much of the policy revision in-house to reduce costs and ensure that policies are consistent with KBOO's needs and mission.
· Seek legal counsel to make certain that all policies adhere strictly to legal standards and are fair to the board, staff, volunteers, and members.
For more detailed information, see the attachments
|Board Development-KBOO Strategic Plan.pdf||53.98 KB|